Oh my gosh, I can't believe the half-marathon is tomorrow!! I am sort of freaking out. I've been training for 7 weeks, but it's really, actually here. I did a long run of 12 miles 2 weeks ago, then last weekend I did 6 miles (I'll have to tell you the story on that one some other time), so I'm trained and tapered. I also bought another ITB strap to wear higher up on my leg to avert the hip pain. So I'm ready, but I don't quite feel ready. Plus I'm still freaking out about what to wear. The high temp will be about 60, but the race starts at 9:00 a.m. when it will be about 42 (according to accuweather.com). There is a clothing drop around mile 2.7, but I'm still nervous. I don't want to be too hot or too cold, and I don't want to have to carry a bunch of crap for 13.1 miles. I guess I'll figure it out somehow.
Well, I only have a second to write, because we're packing up to head out the door. We're staying in St. George tonight, then Vegas Saturday night (where we plan to watch football on Sunday at one of the many sports book places). Then we head back to St. George Sunday night so we don't have to drive as far home on Monday.
I'm very excited, but nervous and anxious, too. My original goal was to finish in about 2:10, which would be close to 10:00 miles. But with my hip pain, I've had to take it a bit slower, and my 12-mile run was about a 10:38 pace (but that included warm-up and cool-down). I'll be really happy if I finish under 2:15 (because my BIL runs the SLC half every year and usually does around 2:16-2:18). However, as long as I finish under 2:30 I'll be okay with myself. My pie in the sky goal is still 2:10 if some miracle happens, but I don't want to push it, so I'm focusing on 2:15. I really need to not start too fast, and save some for the end, so I'll try to finish the first 2 miles around 20 minutes. Then after that I'll try to pace myself between 10:00 and 10:30 miles. Hopefully I can use my iPod with my Nike+, but if not, at least I have my watch.
Well, wish me luck. And good luck to everyone participating in Pat's half-marathon challenge, and anyone else racing. Have a good weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Good luck! Enjoy the race!
Good luck!!!!!!
yeah for you. good luck. I love that race. My BIL is running tomorrow as well. I am so jealous.
GOOD LUCK! I'll be thinking of you! =)
Ooooh girl, good luck good luck good luck!
You're very unlikely to be cold once you get going, so I'd vote you dress cooler than you think you should.
Can't wait to read all about it!
Good luck. We're racing on Sunday. I better up my pace or you'll kick my butt. I did go to the expo today and made a cool purchase for the contest.
I'm looking forward to hearing about the race! I'm sure you did great!
Come back soon! And tell us all about it :)
AHH ive been out of town so i didnt get a chance to wish you good luck! I'm sure you DID GREAT and i can't wait to hear about your awesome 1/2!!
**refresh**
**refresh**
THINKING ABOUT YOU.
how was it??
hope it went well, can't wait to hear how you did!
I'm late wishing you luck but hope it went well. Looking forward to hearing about it.
Running requires lots of energy, but gives you great pleasure! To provide my body with enough energy I am taking dietary supplements which were developed to enhance physical capacities of soldiers under the extreme conditions. These are special pre-workout supplements by Military Grade. This products can be ordered at amazon. They work perfect - just pure energy, right when I need it most. These products make me feel excellent; I often train outdoors, despite the weather. When your body is toned and your muscles prepared to work hard, you will never get blown with the wind!
Post a Comment