But enough about my weird obsession with Friday the 13th. I have never even seen any of the Friday the 13th movies by the way, and I have no intention to see the new one coming out today. I just hope none of you have triskaidekaphobia (which is fear of the number 13). I hope today is a lucky day for every one. It hasn't been too bad for me, because I am finally feeling better. Still a bit of a lingering cough, but I can actually taste my food, and I haven't used near as much kleenex. But I'm still kinda craving Mexican food, maybe because it was the only thing that would clear my sinuses enough to be able to smell (and therefore taste) it. I made tacos the other night, and had leftovers on Wednesday. Then last night I made a homemade crisp bean burrito (not spicy, but like I said, the craving was there). I've eaten a lot of tortillas this week.
Yesterday, I was also able to do a workout. Granted, it was only 30 minutes on the elliptical, but it was my first workout in 9 days, and it was nice to actually do something besides lay on the futon in front of the TV. Amazingly, I also did a load of laundry. It's my least favorite thing to do (that's why I put it off as long as possible) but last night I did a super-size load of dark colored socks and t-shirts. Seriously, almost every single pair of dark socks that I own are dirty, and I'm running out of clothes to wear to work, so I figured I might as well throw the clothes in while I was working out. Holy productive! It's like some kind of pre-Friday the 13th miracle or something (ha ha, I just had to throw one more Friday the 13th reference in there).
The bad thing is, I'm still not sleeping well. I wake up around 3:00 a.m. and can't fall back asleep. When my alarm goes off at 5:00, I'm exhausted. Once I get to work I'm usually okay, but at night, I start to crash around 8:30. How pathetic is that? But I guess if you look at it that I've basically been awake since 3 o'clock, that's a 17-hour day, and sheesh, no wonder I'm tired.
Tomorrow is the Sweetheart 5k race, and I plan to run, but seriously, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've run, and my lungs are definitely not at full capacity, so it could be ugly. It's the same course as the Thanksgiving 5k, so it's pretty easy and mostly flat (with one slight uphill around the mid-point). I'm really worried that I'll start out too fast, and die down at the end (such as was the case with my last run the day before I was full-blown sick). Oh, and another bonus is that it's supposed to snow quite a bit tonight (somewhere between 2 and 9 inches), so hopefully the roads will be plowed tomorrow. Otherwise, I guess I'll bust out the Yak Trax and my time will be even slower. We'll see who the real die-hards are, though. Oh, and I've decided that in the holiday spirit I will wear my red fleece vest. Heck, maybe I'll wear red gloves, too.
I just really, really hope that I can catch a slight buzz of runner's high so that I can get my groove back. Lately, although I've been sick (and extremely tired) I've had no desire to run. Even when I see other people running, it doesn't stir those feelings. Isn't that sad? Maybe Cupid's arrow will pierce me during the race, and I'll be smitten once again. Seriously, I really need to start thinking about half-marathon training. Although I haven't officially signed up for any races, I'm still debating two (the SLC- April 18 and the Ogden- May 16). At this point, I'm just not sure if I want to fork out the cash. It's like a punch in the gut, especially with the way the economy is. In fact, after we get our next electric bill, we may stop using the hot tub, just because we can't afford to heat it. Now that's sad!
Well, that's my update for now. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and for those of you that get President's Day off, lucky you! I'll be one of the poor schmucks working (I knew I should have been a school teacher!).

11 comments:
Good luck tomorrow!
There was something on the news here this morning about how many people call in sick on Friday the 13th (scaredy-cats!).
Interestingly enough, my parents had their first date on a Friday the 13th. They've been married 43 years now.
Interestingly enough, my parents had their first date on a Friday the 13th. They've been married 43 years now.
Now that's what I'm talking about! None of this supersitious mumbo-jumbo. It's all about the good times luck. Oh, and thanks, Tammy. I'm sure I'll need that luck.
Good luck tomorrow! Wear your cute red gear and go kick butt.
XC2- Thanks girl. I'm just hoping I can breathe. Maybe I'll take my old inhaler just in case. Do you think the expiration date of 2006 is a bad thing?
I've never seen a Friday the 13th movie either. Not really into the horror flicks.
Glad you are finally feeling well enough to work out. Hope you have a sweet Valentine's Day.
thanks for the nice comments on my blog; you're really too nice and giving too much credit where its not due.
good luck running tomorrow! think of the extra chocolate, candy, and all that good valentines stuff you can indulge in afterwards. what? i'm the only one who thinks of that while running??
I'm glad your feeling better and i hope you ran well yesterday! Oh and i also HOPE you had a happy vday! Isnt skinnyrunner super interesting and fun? I love reading her blog, like i said her life is far more interesting than mine! HAHA
how did it go??
I hope the run went well. =)
By the way, I should give you my phone number. I ALWAYS wake up hungry at 3 am so I have a glass of chocolate milk and a banana with the dog. We could chat! lol...
I've been craving Mexican food lately! I think I could eat it 3 times a week! Luckily the hubs doesn't mind eating it frequently. =)
13 IS a lucky number! At least, I think so. How did the 5K go?
How funny about the 13th. I've never really thought about it!
Sorry about still not feeling your best and not sleeping well. How are you feeling now? And how did that race go?! I don't think you've posted about it yet...
Post a Comment