I still haven't run, because my lungs feel like they're not working at full capacity- kind of like someone is sitting on my chest or something. I can almost feel my cardio endurance wasting away. I am signed up for a 5k this Saturday, Valentine's Day, which I fully intend to do, but I'm thinking it might have to be much slower than originally planned, and will most likely not PR- which is okay. It will just be a good way to start the day, since the Hubs and I are planning a meat feast at the Brazilian steakhouse (Rodizio Grill) that afternoon. We decided for our V-Day date, we would have a late lunch, then go see a movie (probably Taken). We have gift certificates for both, and we'll pay the lunch price at the restaurant, and get the matinee price for the movie- score!! See, there are still ways to have fun on a budget.
So, even though I have a little over an hour left at work, I may leave early. It snowed this morning, and I am just not feeling so hot. Well, actually I am feeling a bit warm, and that's the problem. Plus, my boss is out of the office on business this week, so it's super slow. Why not go home and get the rest that my body apparently needs? And maybe stop off and get another honey butter cinnamon scone- doh! Just kidding about that one. Well, kinda. Now that I said that, it sounds really good. But it's probably not what my body needs to heal itself from the snot overload that's going on in my head.
I am so sick of sneezing and blowing my nose. At least I finally brought some good kleenex to work so that I don't have to use the scratchy stuff on my already raw nose-skin. But the good thing is, whatever you peeps are doing (praying, crossing fingers, etc.) is working, because the Hubs is not sick. Wahoo!!!! But it still sucks because he's afraid to be in the same room with me. Last night, he finally laid down on the futon to watch TV together. But as long as he stays healthy, it will be worth it.

11 comments:
I cant believe you are still sick. I hope you get better sooner rather than later. How is your weather out there? Today it was 62 and its gonna be 55 tomorrow! But snow on thursday! UGH!!!
Get well soon! Hugs from MI!
XOXO
Get well soon lady! That sounds like a nasty bug that you have.
You have really had it with this cold. Hope you feel better soon.
Awww, sorry to hear you're still sick. Get rested up and get well!
Sorry you're still feeling crappy. Good call on investing in some quality Kleenex.
I love your V-Day plans. A mid-afternoon meat feast is the only time of day to do it. Then you can spend the entire day digesting. :o)
I'm so sorry you are sick. Blech.
I hope you are feeling up to your 5K, and your early V-day plans sound great!
man youre STILL SICK.
take care of youreself...dont over do anything till youre 100%
Get well soon!
Well...the silver lining is that your immune system is becoming stronger! :)
I hope you are feeling better by now - I'm late to the party as usual....the husband has the head cold thing as of this morning, full blown. He is miserable!
Get better soon, and there are more 5K's to come if you aren't up to it tomorrow!
So sorry you were feeling so poopy :( I'm glad you listened to your body and eventually rested.
Post a Comment