Last week was really crazy- too much going on. I hope this week is more mellow. Wednesday night the Hubs and our neighbor finished pouring the cement in our backyard. Yippee!! One step closer to getting the hot tub. Now we need to have an electrician come out and do the wiring for the power outlet. Oh, and we also have to clean out the garage to make room for a huge freezer that we're also getting from my in-laws (we'll be picking it up in the same trip as the hot tub). Here's a picture of the first "dump". We haven't taken the frames off yet, so I'll post another picture when it's all done.
Here's me and the Hubs with Uncle Bob (he doesn't look too excited to be turning 69, LOL).
Friday the Hubs and I went to the amusement park to go through the haunted houses that they have. It was really crowded, because kids in our area were out of school Thurs and Fri for some type of teacher seminars (which we didn't realize initially, or I might have decided not to go). We had to park in the overflow parking lot for cryin' out loud! Luckily we have season passes, so we didn't feel bad only sticking around to go through one haunted house and then bailing.Saturday was the day of the football game. I got up early so I could attempt a run. I did a 2-lap warm-up at the park, then started running. Can I just say it was like heaven? Seriously, the only thing that could have been better was if I was eating a maple bar and getting a massage while I was running. I only ran for a mile before I took a walk break, because I didn't want to overdo it. I walked a lap then started running again. I didn't make it too far and had to walk because my knee was hurting a bit (not too much, I just didn't want to really screw things up). After a bit I was able to run again, and ended up with 3.2 miles including my warm-up and cool-down. It seemed so short, but it's a good start I guess. Since I haven't run much at all lately, I'll probably have to go back to almost the beginning (I was happy that I could still run a whole mile).
I'm going to try 2 runs a week, with the rest cross-training and resting and gradually build back up. I guess that means a half-marathon will not be happening any time soon. I'm a little sad, but as long as I can keep running through the winter, I'll be happy (and sort of proud, since I've never been an outdoor runner in the winter).
The football game was at noon, so we headed out pretty early (since we park really far away from the stadium). For some reason, as we were walking, I was having major breathing issues- like on the verge of an asthma attack (which I haven't dealt with in a long time, like years). We were going fast, but it wasn't a big hill or anything. I guess it was probably due to allergies or something. It really sucked. Anyway, in the shade it was nice and cool, but once we got to the stadium and were sitting there in the sun, it was pretty hot (although only around 72 degrees). I should have worn capris or something, but my leg hairs were about an inch long (totally exaggerating on that but they were pretty furry), so that wasn't an option. It was just nice to sit out in the sun, though (especially after last weekend's snow). I ended up getting a little bit sunburned on my nose and forehead (a little bit pink is all- I got the visor about halfway through the game when our friends behind us bought new hats, and were generous enough to give me their hand-me-down), and I had a farmer tan line on my arms from my t-shirt. Imagine that! A tan in October- how ridiculous!
**I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but back in 2004 when the Utes were 12-0, and we were the first non-BCS school to make it to a BCS bowl game, the Hubs and I drove down to Phoenix to see the Fiesta Bowl. It was on that trip that we got engaged in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve.
Saturday afternoon, I was pretty beat from the sun, and I've been fighting off a sore throat for about a week, so we just vegged. I don't even remember what we did, other than I made pizza for dinner. Sunday was church, and then I spent a ton of time cleaning (catching up from everything I didn't get done last week). Yesterday I stopped to get my hair cut after work (I was way overdue for a trim). I had to wait about 35 minutes at Great Clips, so I just sat and read my Runner's World magazine. Then I helped the Hubs add some different tunes to his iPod, since he headed to Chicago this morning (I had to drop him off at the airport at 6:00 this morning, so I'm a bit tired- and since I have staff meeting on Tuesdays, I can't even leave early... ugh, long day). I am totally going to miss him this week.
At least I have Biggest Loser tonight, and I plan to do my usual elliptical workout with strength training and abs. Then I think I'll try to run tomorrow, and do the elliptical again on Thursday. Actually, I hope I can stay awake long enough to finish watching BL tonight. I've been up since 4 a.m. and I'm fading fast. Well, I guess that's a wrap. Ciao for now!
________________________________________
On a completely unrelated note- now that I have 2 Monday Night Football pictures posted- one from this year, and one from 3 years ago- did anyone else notice that my face looks a lot fatter in the recent picture (where my hair is not slicked back)? Yeah, I knew it. Good thing I'm all over the Marathon Season Independence Weight Loss Challenge like white on rice (BTW I lost 2 lbs in my first 10 days).

9 comments:
Great job on the weight loss. I'm just getting sick so thats why my weight dropped so much. Food isnt appetizing when you cant breathe.
Your face is hardly fat! Dont be sayin your face is fat! Not even close! I've seen some fat faces and yours isnt one of them! :)
Take it easy with that running, i dont want your knee gettin all messed up again! A half marathon will come soon enough, dont rush it.
Your posts always make me chuckle. The hubs asked what I was laughing at so I read aloud the part about your hairy legs. I said, "see, I'm not the only woman who shaves less and less as the temperature drops!" lol... I finally shaved my extra 'insulation' off last night as it was slightly out of control. ; )
Great job on the weight loss, too. =)
Oh honey, you ain't seen fat!
Congrats on the loss, though.
And, what's the deal with kids getting out of school every other week!? My kids are off next Thursday and Friday.
Fantastic job! Keep it going at a nice pace!
Nicole- Thanks. That's too bad that you're sick- hopefully it isn't messing with your metabolism. Okay, I shouldn't have said "fat", but it does look a little fuller, wouldn't you agree?
Marcie- Glad I could make you laugh. I have to explain myself a lot to the Hubs when I'm laughing at blogs. Most of the time I think he thinks I'm cuckoo.
Tammy- Thanks. It's crazy, isn't it, with kids always out of school. And they think they have it so rough.
Mark- Thanks for your support!
Yeah on losing 2 pounds!! That's great news and I hope that you're doing a happy dance.
Love your game/weekend wrap up. What a great pic of you and your husband. You look like you're having such a wonderful time.
You can soooo do a half marathon I have full confidence in your abilities. Just keep at it and you'll be ready by Spring.
Thanks for your kind words on my race report. :-)
Shosh- Yes on the happy dance. The game was tons of fun, and definitely spring on the half-marathon. Not giving up, just postponing.
life calls...which maketh me a sad Miz but I LAUGHED at your comment about the foodreaction as that is SO SOMETHING WHICH WOULD HAPPEN TO ME.
my other thoughts? sadly shall wait.
M.
Oh I hear you on the hairiness of the legs as the weather gets colder. I sometimes forget when I go to the doc or actupuncturist about that. I have even apologized for them having to see that. NOBODY wants to see that. Happened just yesterday...at the doc...had to remove the skirt...not PRETTY. I need to buy the new Nair that you can put on in the shower wihtout it rinsing off. It might safe time and then I'd do it!
Post a Comment