Oh well, hopefully my muscles are now stronger and it will help me run faster ; )
All right, I have a confession to make. I have cheated a few times on my weekly weigh-in. I have been feeling really good about my eating so far this week, and I could sort of feel a difference. I just couldn't wait until Saturday, so I hopped on the scale this morning, and breathed a sigh of relief. If you by chance noticed my ticker (clear at the bottom of the page), it no longer says "gained 0.6 lbs". I was starting to get scared, because a few days ago (I think Monday) I was coming in at 143! Huh? Obviously I didn't even post it, because I knew it had to be a fluke. I mean, it was after my Sunday craziness of pot roast dinner and Rocky Road ice cream at mom's house, plus pizza and cake at my cousin's graduation party, but...
At least I'm back on the downhill. I really think if I can keep up this pattern of eating, it's the key that I've been missing, and I'll be closer to my wedding weight in no time.
So, today is one of my least favorite days of the month- no not that time. It's Payday- wait, let me explain. Payday is every other Thursday, and it's one of my job duties to hand out the paychecks for my department. Since people have to sign for their check (or check stub for those who have direct deposit), we have to sort of keep them secure. So I feel like I have to be chained to my desk all day in case someone comes to get their check. Therefore, as I guzzle water out of my mug (32 oz.), it really starts to take its toll, if you know what I mean. So most of the time I find myself not drinking as much, so that I don't have to make an emergency run to the restroom. However, I am proud to report that I am more than 3/4 through my mug today (in addition to the full glass of water I had this morning after brushing my teeth)... and I may have to make an emergency run to the restroom. Luckily I have someone who covers for me while I take lunch, but that isn't for another 45 minutes or so.
And as a final thought for today, I thought I would let you in on a little weird habit that I have. I don't often wear skirts, especially to work (usually just on Sunday for church). Today I am wearing a skirt- and pantyhose (I rarely go bare-legged), because unfortunately very few of my pants fit in the thighs these days, and with a skirt, it's a non-issue. When I put on the pantyhose this morning, they were in good shape. However, shortly after getting to work, I looked down and to my dismay there was a dime-sized hole just below my calf, which also happened to be slightly below my skirt. So I went searching for a sewing kit (see I work at a hotel reservation call center, so we usually have random hotel stuff lying around). I found one and proceeded to sew up the whole on my leg. Yes, I sew my pantyhose when they get a run or a hole. Is that totally weird? I just figure if you spend that much money on a pair, they should last more than once or twice, ya know? Is there anyone else out there who does this, or am I the only freak?
Well, I really should get back to work. But I remembered one other thing I was going to mention. The pictures that I have posted are not really current pics. The one with the mascot is at least 2 years old, and the football picture I think is from right after I got married (fall of '05). Currently my arms and legs are chubbier. I'll see if I can find a recent picture to post so that you have an idea of where I'm at. Oh, and maybe one from my honeymoon or before getting married that show how skinny and toned my arms used to be. And, just in case you were wondering, the photo by my profile is certainly not me- it's what I hope to attain. = )
P.S. The hubby is now back in town (at his office), and I am picking him up after I get off work- and I don't have to stay late, so at 3:30 I'm outta here! I can't wait to see him- yippee!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment