Well, I finally got iTunes downloaded to the new computer (and it took 5 minutes, instead of the estimated 44 minutes that was going on last night). I uploaded my 2 recent runs, so I'm up to 42 miles so far for June- halfway, and there are 10 days left in the month. Crap! So it was probably a little bit of a lofty goal. But I'm going to try hard to see how close I can get.
Anyway, today I barely made it 3 miles. I think I should have eaten something before I went. I had some string cheese when I got home at 4:30, then laid down for a while because I was beat. Then I headed out at about 6:00. I did a short 1-lap warm-up (which could have been my downfall), then ran the first mile in about 9:30, but then I walked for a bit. Then I ran some more and walked some more, and repeated until I was at 3 miles. It was really windy, too, but I think I just wasn't really prepared to run today. I guess I'll just chalk it up to an overall "Off Day". And, as Scarlett O'Hara would say, "tomorrow is another day".
Well, hopefully the Hubs won't hog the computer all weekend, and I'll have a chance to update after tomorrow's run. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to get up pretty early because it's supposed to be around 95 degrees, plus I have to get my car over to the shop by 8:00 to get it registered. So I may be running with the birds- but that's not a bad thing.
P.S. Tomorrow is weigh-in, so cross your fingers for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment