Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Have Been Humbled

Well, I followed through on trying out my new Biggest Loser DVD, "Cardio Max", yesterday. Let me just tell you, even though I've been running a lot lately, my body is certainly not conditioned. I had full intentions of doing Level 1, 2 and 3 because I thought I could handle it, no problem. Well, I didn't even do all of the exercises on Level 1, then I started Level 2 for about 1 minute before I collapsed. Plus, the muscles in my butt were hurting like crazy, so I needed to do some serious stretching. Today, my butt is screaming at me for doing all those crazy lunges. But I have to say I have a little crush on Trainer Bob, so it was worth all the torture. After stretching a bit, I at least did some strength moves for my upper body using 5 and 10-lb dumbbells.

On the eating side, I did very well. And it's a miracle, because I actually made it through a whole day without eating any bread or pasta!! I think that's a first. I did eat a small sweet potato for dinner with my steak and broccoli, but I used I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray, and a little salsa on top, so it was totally healthy. By the end of the day, I hadn't even had any kind of treat or munchie (other than a ton of fruit). I was super thirsty after mowing the lawn, so I had a little bit of club soda with some ice cubes made out of Crystal Light fruit punch. Pretty tasty. My calorie count ended up being pretty low (1150), but I estimated what the WW points would be and it was right around 20, which is my target according to their formula.

Today I have a few challenges. I am on a committee at church and we are doing a women's activity tonight. So I have to be there to help set up and generally be in charge. We are doing a picnic and some skits. It is going to take a lot of willpower to try to eat healthy, since we are having sandwiches and all kinds of (potluck) salads. Plus for dessert we are having either root beer floats, or floats made with raspberry sherbet and lemon-lime soda. On top of all the tempting food, I won't have time for a workout. Now this isn't too horrible, because I try to work out 5 days a week, and I almost always work out on Saturdays, so that leaves one "rest" day during the week. That just means I have to work out every other day this week, including Thursday when I have to stay late at work, and DH comes home from Vegas. But I am determined to make this work. I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing a swimming suit (without wearing shorts to cover up)!!

No comments: