That was pretty much my afternoon yesterday. Well, maybe that's a little dramatic (okay, a lot). So, as promised, the staff meeting was super-long yesterday (2.5 hrs when it's usually 1.5). No worries, I would just hurry home to clean up my disaster of a living room before the church ladies stopped by. Wrong! As I'm leaving work at 4:40, I hear the traffic report that says my usual freeway route is backed up, so I take the side streets. Bad idea. I think those were even worse than what the freeway would have been. So my normal 25 min drive turned into 55 minutes- aargh! As I pulled into my driveway, the church ladies were just getting ready to knock on my door. Well, so much for cleaning. Suck it up, and hope that their houses are even messier. We had a nice visit, and they left just after 6:00. Hubby called and said he was stuck in the same traffic mess. He was stopping to get gas, and did I want him to grab anything at the grocery store- sure, maybe a bag of salad. He saw that breaded (yes, the super fattening, but tasty) fish patties were on sale, so he bought some of those as well. No biggie, I'll just have a small portion and fill up on salad and veggies. I was just happy when he got home and actually started making dinner (this almost never happens- that's usually my job).
To top off the lovely afternoon, a while later hubby said that the oven smelled like gas, and wasn't heating up. So I went and fiddled with it (while he took over on the computer, I might add) and tried to get it working. I thought it might be some weird after-effect of the power outage on Monday, but whatever it was, it did not want to work. So we decided to bag the fish sticks and go with spaghetti (which is probably better anyway, since it was 96 degrees out). But of course, then it turned into me making dinner- aye carumba!! By the time dinner was ready and we were eating, it was almost 8:30- have I mentioned how much I hate late dinners?!?!?! Needless to say, I did not get in a workout. However, I tested out the oven this morning, and it's working just fine (I guess that means fish sticks tonight- ha ha).
On the bright side, I did pass up several temptations at work. Quick background: I work in a hotel reservation call center. We frequently have hotels visiting and setting up presentations in the breakroom to provide information and brochures to agents. Many times they will have prizes or giveaways (hence my ridiculous collection of hotel paraphernalia), and usually there is some type of catering, like dessert or lunch. So, we had hotel visitors yesterday. They were giving away reusable grocery bags (yay on this one- I am a huge proponent of bringing my own bags to the grocery store!!), and they catered a potato bar. Yes I could have eaten the lunch that I brought, but I decided a small potato with limited toppings couldn't hurt. So I grabbed the smallest tater I could find (which still wasn't that small), and added some mushrooms, chili, about a Tb of sour cream, and some chives. Then I piled my plate high with salad, and a tiny bit of their super-yummy ranch dressing (the catering company was one that's right near our office, and they have been to our office many times). I avoided the lemonade (I drank water), and the rice krispy treats! Plus, I didn't eat my whole potato. Then later in our meeting, someone brought cookies for a birthday treat, and I abstained!! They were even the yummy Costco variety pack with choc chip, oatmeal raisin and white choc macadamia. I had to look at them and smell them for 2.5 hrs, and I still resisted. That is truly a victory.
And no matter what, I will do some type of workout today. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and I posted a new photo on the sidebar, of me when I was at my goal weight.

No comments:
Post a Comment