Sheesh! What a day. After work I ran several errands before going home to do my run. The bright spot is that one errand was to purchase a new monitor for our computer at home. It's much better than the old one, which was at least 6 years old, and small- oh, and did I mention blurry as all get out! So now the screen is crisp and clear- and big and wide. Yay!
Anyway, it was almost 7:00 p.m. by the time I headed out the door over to the park right by my house. I hiked up the hill to the top level where the running path is, and when I tried to start my workout on my NikePlus, there was an error message "waiting for receiver". Oh crap! I left the receiver that plugs into my iPod at home on the desk. So I traipsed all the way back down the hill to go home and get the receiver so that I would have a record of my workout. I'm afraid I might be addicted (to my Nike+iPod, that is). Seriously- I could have just counted my laps and done the math to figure out how far I'd gone, and I could probably even track my pace. But then it wouldn't be saved on my NikePlus account, and it wouldn't go towards my goal. Heaven forbid!
But I'm just proud of myself for not giving up completely on the workout. And originally I planned on only running for about 3 miles or so, but I was doing so great, that I kept going. I did however keep track of my time, and when the iPod showed that I was at 3.1 miles (5k), I had been going for 33:25. Not too shabby considering it took me around 38:00 minutes to "run" the Susan G. Komen back in early May. Then again, in my neighborhood I'm not elbow to elbow with 16,000 other people. You definitely have to figure in crowd time- especially if you're not at the front of the pack to start.
So, mission accomplished for the day. I figured I had to make it a good workout, because tomorrow I'm going to a BBQ with a bunch of other couples (and their kids), and I may not have time to get in a workout before. However, since I will be shooting for 5+ miles on Saturday, I probably need a day to either rest, or cross-train on my elliptical machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wanted to send you an email but couldn't find your address. I thought a comment on a comment-less post would be a good alternative!
I received your comments on all my posts and wanted to say thank you so much. Your words really, really encourage me. Thank you for taking the time to leave those notes on my site. It meant a lot!
Ashley
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment