Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mid-week Update

After evaluating how things went at the church activity last night, I would say that I was fairly successful (in comparison to my past decisions). On the menu were croissant sandwiches- either deli meat w/cheese or chicken salad. Then we had a potluck of all kinds of salads. Beforehand, I was slicing the croissants to fill with chicken salad. Normally I would have picked at all the flaky, buttery crumbs and popped them in my mouth. I did not do this. Also, I would have been tempted to lick the spoon and/or container of chicken salad when I was finished. Last night I was tempted, but did not give in. I threw away the croissant packing (with the crumbs), and walked away from the chicken salad containers (boy did it look good, though).

When it came time to eat, I chose a small portion of a turkey sandwich (each croissant was divided in thirds), although looking back, I probably should have picked off the cheese. Then I had 2 or 3 bites of a few different salads (some with jello, macaroni and tuna, crab salad, and a couple with broccoli- oh, and one with spinach and strawberries). I also had 2 pieces of california rolls. I did not go back for seconds, which I usually do. The only downfall was that I caved in and had some dessert- 2 scoops of raspberry sherbet with lemon-lime soda. But it was less fattening than the alternative, which was a rootbeer float. So it was probably more calories than I should have had, but comparing to my past track record, I didn't do too shabby. We'll see if I can keep it up.

On the workout front, I plan to get in a 4-mile run today. However, yesterday we had a storm blow in (and I do mean blow- we had some fierce winds). This morning it was raining on my way to work, and the expected high is only 61 degrees. Hello, it's June! The low for tonight is going to be around 41, which is almost a record-low!! Anyway, my point is that I hope it's not raining too hard when I get home from work, because I really miss running. I feel like it's been forever since my run last Saturday. I'm not afraid of the cold, and I've run in rain before, but it's really discouraging when the rain is coming down hard, because I can't go as fast as I would like.

On the bright side, DH comes home tomorrow, so I will see him when I pick him up after work. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shanna! I love meeting fellow pears! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi.

I read a few of your posts and I can relate to a lot of what you write. I also get up at 5am for work so by 9:30, I'm headed for bed. And don't even think of trying to keep me awake past 10:30 on the weekends - I get cranky if I have to stay up any later!

It's funny because your highest weight is what my goal weight is!! I"m sitting at 170 right now but I really want to get down to 140 eventually. If I get there, I may try to lose those last 10 to get to 130, but if that doesn't happen, I'm good with it.

I also aspire to be a runner, but running is really hard at my weight! So I'm concentrating on walking and increasing my fitness level, and I plan on trying C25k again this fall. I am in awe of anyone who runs!!

Okay, well I really didn't mean to take up so much space here, just wanted to pop in a say hey!

Have a good day =)