Who rocks the house?
RooBabs rocks the house!
And when RooBabs rocks the house,
She rocks it all the way down!
Whoah! Flashback to 9th grade cheerleading. Just picture me wearing a short, pleated skirt, jumping, yelling, clapping and shaking my money maker. Aaaahhh, good times.
Well folks, I did my run yesterday. And it felt really good. Hubby was more than happy to have me go, because I think he was excited to have time for his online game that he's been away from for almost a week. But at least it was encouragement, in a twisted kind of way. Just to be safe (due to my sore muscles), I did a longer than usual warm-up. It was just over 5:30, and it was 2 laps instead of 4:00 and just 1 1/2 laps around the park. Then I proceeded to try and run the entire first mile after that, which I did. I kept a fairly steady pace, and felt okay at that point, so I kept going to see how long I could go on running. I made it 2 miles- wahoo! My time was about 19:20 (not including warm-up), so that means my avg. pace for those 2 miles was 9:40. Sweet- I am getting closer to that goal of a 9:00 mile. I have to confess, by that point my bladder was getting full. Luckily there are restrooms at the park. So at that point, I decided to pause my workout to take a quick break (in the picture below, I bet you can't tell where that was- LOL).
Anyway, after the quick potty stop, I walked about a half lap, then started running again. I was going to see if I could run another mile without walk-breaks. Then I figured I might as well see if I could run 1.1 mi, because that would make almost a full run of 3.1 mi (or 5k). It ended up being right around 30:20, which isn't too bad, even considering the break. Then I went back to my usual of alternating walking and running Overall I had a really great run, and towards the end, I almost wanted to keep going (even though I had far surpassed my original goal of 4 miles). But my breathing was getting more labored (and not very rhythmic), so I was on the verge of a side-ache, and my tummy was feeling a little weird, too. Note to self: don't try to scarf down an entire apple before running 4+ miles.
Here is the proof of my run (notice what I titled it). The average pace wasn't as good as my 5-miler last Saturday, but it was still better than any of my other runs, and not bad considering the 5-day break.

So, I wanted to say thank you to those who have left comments. I now feel like I'm part of blogville. For a while I was starting to think I was the only person who ever read my blog- which sort of defeats the purpose (ha ha). I was wondering if maybe I should just go back to writing in my diary. It's amazing how effective this kind of support system can be, as we push each other toward our goals- whatever they may be.
I wanted to show you something that's pretty pathetic. I've been tracking my food and weight on fitday.com for a long time now (well, except dinner most of the time, because I didn't have internet at home, and it was a hassle). Here is a picture of my weight over the past year (daily weigh-ins for the most part). As you can see, one year ago my weight was about 128. It remained somewhat steady for a while, with only a slight trend upward (but still more than I would like, since I prefer it to trend down). Then somehow at the beginning of April, it went way up. This picture would be great if it was a graph of the stock market, but unfortunately it's evidence that obviously I've been doing something wrong.
So now is the time to change, and nip this in the bud. Especially since I hope to start a family soon, and I would like to be at a healthier weight before I get pregnant. In the meantime, I'm logging all my food, running like mad, and trying to get back in the habit of strength training.
Okay, just because I want you to all be proud of me, my plans for tonight are to see M. Night Shyamalan's new movie, "The Happening". Normally I'm not a big fan of popcorn, but lately the hubby has been wanting to buy it. And he usually gets a giant Coke or Cherry Coke, and I'll have a few sips (I rarely ever drink soda). But tonight, I will not eat any popcorn, or drink soda, and instead I brought my own orange to sneak into the theater. How's that for healthy? Plus, today they are selling chili dogs and chips in the breakroom to donate to charity, but I will eat my leftover veggie soup, a small salad w/LF dressing, yogurt and baby carrots.
By the way, I hope none of you have "triskaidekaphobia", since today is Friday the 13th. Personally the number 13 has been very lucky for me, so I actually look forward to those days. If I could plan it, I would have kids born on a Friday the 13th (my niece actually was).
And finally, it's about 11:00 a.m. and I just finished my first mug of water (for a total of 40 oz. for today).
Phew- how's that for "prolix"?


2 comments:
I sneak things into the movies too...but unfortunately not usually something as healthy as fruit. Movie popcorn is just so fattening..I was reading that a large popcorn there has about 1200 calories. OMG!!! It smells wonderful but really it's always greasy and a little over salted or stale sometimes. I sneak in lite air-popped popcorn and/or some candy and a can of soda.
Anyways, keep up the good work with your running! Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know I was here. I used to have a blog once and I thought nobody ever read it too...then one day I found it linked to someones blog in New Zealand!! So you just never know who stops by. :)
Yes, movie popcorn is evil. I like the idea of sneaking in my own lite popcorn, but how do you keep it fresh? I have some of the 100-calorie kettle corn at home and get it out now and then- it's definitely a great snack, plus it's so much that I feel like I'm eating a lot.
Thanks for stopping by. :)
Post a Comment