(Check out those calories- yowza!)
Here are some of the highlights (and lowlights). I was cruising along pretty good, trying not to go too fast and tire out too early. I came to a point where I was heading uphill (just after 4 miles), and I slowed to between a 10:00 and 10:30 pace, but I was still running. I forgot to check the Nike+ at 5 miles to see my time, and when I looked it was 5.11 miles and 49:49. Shortly after that I realized that I was still running- I hadn't stopped to walk once yet! So I figured I would go a little longer to see if I could make it 5 miles straight (past the .39 mi warm-up). And I made it- it was really weird that I ran 5 miles with no walking breaks. I heart running.
Shortly after, I was into the north loop and reached the steep downhill portion. I tried to take it easy, but still felt a little knee pain (in both knees, actually). So at mile 6, I was taking it easy, knowing that I was only 75% done, and not wanting to walk the whole way home. Plus by that point, the sun was up over the mountain, and I knew it was going to get hot quick- it's supposed to be over 100 again today. I did happen to notice when I hit the 10k mark (6.21 mi), and my time was 1:00:41- yahoo! My goal for the (virtual) 10k at the end of this month is an hour or less, so it seems I'm right on track.
I definitely took more walk breaks in the last 2 miles, but I made it with mostly running. Just before mile 7 the song that came on my iPod was "Another One Bites the Dust"- how appropriate. Another mile down, and another goal checked off. The next song was "Just Can't Get Enough" (old school Depeche Mode). Boy, did I need it at that point- talk about a mental boost. I think I was a genius when I put together my playlist. It felt so good, but by the end, my face was totally crustified with dried sweat- ick! On my longer runs, I probably need something besides water. I'll have to experiment next week. Oh, and since I surpassed last week's long run, I got props from Lance again. We're getting to be pretty tight. Before you know it, he's going to want me to go on bike rides with him- LOL!!
My weigh-in was 135.2, which is .2 up from last week, but so close that I'm going to call it maintaining. I'm still working on figuring out my eating schedule so that my body can recover from my runs without too many calories, and that I can make it through a long afternoon at work, and not be starving by dinner. It's harder than I anticipated (so much to factor in with this schedule change- not just traffic, which by the way still sucks leaving at 6:00 p.m.)
Anyway, I'm outta here for now, because I have to go pull weeds before it gets too hot (note to self- put on sunscreen and wear a hat). We're having family Sunday dinner tomorrow at our place (instead of my parents) and it's my brother's going away party, so we want it to look somewhat nice and not too ghetto. Laters!

10 comments:
Awesome run - your rock!
Great strong run! LOL at the possiblilty of an Eminem joke. Enjoy the family dinner tomorrow.
You are in my opinion maintaining
amazing run (and STS ;) screw the scale)!!
Im eminem stumped as well---mainly because my speed, as of late, is CLEANING OUT MY CLOOOOOSET.
:)
Great run!
Now I'm singing "Did you sign me up to battle?"
.2 is definately in the maitianing zone! I go up and down about 5 lbs.
Major congrats. That is twice my longest run!
Great job!
Lance, John and Mark- thanks for your support, and for your male readership (is that a word?). We need something to balance all the estrogen around here.
Viv- thanks to you, too. I'm sure there are many opportunities for Eminem jokes that I'm not even aware of. Cheers to maintaining!
MizFit- Ha ha- I knew I could count on your for some type of movie connection. At first I didn't remember the song, so I had to look it up. Oh, and "I never meant to make you cry". LOL. BTW, I love STS- I will definitely use that again. S.L.A.P.
P.O.M.- thanks supergirl. I wish I was in the losing zone, but I'd much rather be maintaining than gaining. = )
Woo hoo! Good for you.
Great job on the run!
I agree - you're maintaining.
Betsy- thanks for stopping by! I'm checking out your blog right now.
Tammy- thanks for your vote.
Post a Comment