Today, I went back and calculated the totals in my food journal, and the damage actually wasn't that bad. Around 700 calories for the pizza, so for the day, I ended up just over 1600 calories and 49 grams of fat. That puts my macronutrient percentages at 28% fat, 48% carb, and 25% protein. Not too shabby.
The only downside to my run this morning was the humidity. It has been a little cooler this week (upper 80's instead of upper 90's and 100's), and there have been a lot of clouds in the afternoon, with a few sprinkles. This morning wasn't rainy, but man was it humid. The sweat was puddling on my face and neck (and everywhere else) because it couldn't evaporate. And it wasn't really that hot (about 70 degrees), but it was yucky. It made me very grateful for the "dry heat" that we usually have here. My sympathy goes out to any of you that have to run in humidity on a regular basis. It sucks!
Well, that's all for now, I just needed to be accountable for my pig-out. I should be able to post the Random Photo tonight, as long as it doesn't take too long to pack things up (for camping- yay!)

5 comments:
Ha ha. That's funny about the "pose" - I do that one all the time in pics. Yet in yoga, it's more intimidating. ha ha.
Sometimes our bodies just crave the carbs. I go thru phases like that. You totally kept it under control though - good work :)
accountable? but maybe in a good way? you listened to your bod and gave it what it wanted AND id imagine any workout you do today will STILL be fueled by that and STRONGER
Love,
Suzi Sunshine (wink)
P.O.M.- I can imagine it's definitely intimidating in yoga; especially since I wobble all over the place, trying to hold the pose while someone snaps the pic (before I tip over). I wouldn't exactly say half a pizza is "under control" but it wasn't a total disaster. So thanks for the positivity. = )
Miz- Workout today? Oh, yeah... uh huh. My workout will be loading up the car and carrying water bottles back and forth from the car to the office freezer- ha ha!
Mmmmm, pizza. I love thin crust pizza.
As many calories as you are burning with the running, you probably needed the fuel. :) And mushrooms are good for you, right?
Robin- I looooove pizza (it would probably be that and pancakes as my final meal), but I usually go with thicker crust. But I like that the thin crust is crispy.
And mushrooms are totally good for you. Once banished to the bottom of the nutrition barrel, research is now showing that they actually have health benefits (plus they have almost no calories- yippee!)
And I quote (from greatfood.com):
Once thought to have little nutritional value, mushrooms contain many vitamins and minerals that our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells. They are one of the most formidable ingredients for a healthy immune system.
Mushrooms are low in carbohydrates, calories, and sodium. They are also cholesterol and fat free. High in fiber and protein, mushrooms are also rich in B Vitamins to help maintain a healthy metabolism.
Studies are also being conducted to see how exactly the mushroom may help prevent breast and prostate cancer as well as other diseases like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol.
Mushroom extracts have even been proven to stop migraine headaches as well as helping people suffering from mental illnesses such as obsessive-compulsive disorder.
So, if you're not on the mushroom bandwagon, join me Friends, in a fungus frenzy! (gotta love the alliteration- ha ha)
Post a Comment