Okay, so the photo itself is not very exciting or thrilling, however the story tied to it (in a roundabout way) might be slightly interesting. The small photo clip is one that I used as my profile pic on an online dating site back in 2002. In my searching, I came across a guy who had tons of crazy pictures posted of him and his family, and extolled his many virtues (the obvious one being sense of humor). He was totally cute, so I contacted him. He wasn't reviled by my picture, and after a few emails we met in person for a date (at a church activity, mind you- hey, it had to be a public place, and what could be safer than a church?).
That led to our second date, where we went to a haunted house. He cracked me up when he pulled out a coupon- a man after my own heart. I can't resist a bargain! Anyway, that led to a third and a fourth date, at which point we finally kissed! Hey, give me a break. I was a little gun-shy, because I had been in a long distance relationship, and my lips hadn't seen any action for a loooong time.
Fast forward 2+ years and he proposed, and then almost 3 years after we met, we were married. It had to have been meant to be, because if he hadn't lied stretched the truth about his height, I might never have found him (he is just over 5'9", and I was only searching guys who were at least 5'10"). We have a lot of weird things in common, too. We both hate onions, and love mushrooms. Neither of us care for watermelon, or buttered popcorn, but we'll chow down on caramel popcorn (kettle corn, crunch n' munch, etc). We don't like a lot of frosting on cake, and never met a brownie we didn't like (unless it has too much frosting- ha ha). We both come from large families, are good at math, and both of us skipped a grade in elementary school.
The things we don't have in common are that I am a total sap and he is not. Give me a good book or movie to cry over any day. He never cries- ever (seriously, I've only seen him shed a tear 3 times). Not that he doesn't do romantic things, because he loves to surprise me (case in point, 30th birthday party, when he totally pulled a fast one on me- he also gave me diamond earrings for our first anniversary, and he used his half and my half of our Christmas money to buy me an iPod Nano last year). He is a sports nut, and I am... oh wait- he's converted me and I am a sports nut now, too. Before we met, I hated football- seriously, I thought it was so dumb. I liked basketball okay, and sometimes hockey, but I always had on my "wishlist" a guy who didn't care that much about sports. It's a good thing that life sometimes throws a few curve balls (pun intended). Two years ago we had season tickets to U of U football and the home opener just so happened to be on our anniversary (maybe that's why he gave me the diamonds, ha ha). Am I a good woman or what? I went to a college football game on my 1-year wedding anniversary! And I loved it! I felt bad, because all I gave him was a Minnesota Vikings tie (which with the shipping was really expensive).
So there you have it. I met my husband on the internet, and we're still going strong. Funny thing is, about the picture, I thought it was kinda cute (you can actually see my dimple). Well, the Hubs admitted later on that he didn't think that my picture was that great, but he gave me a chance anyway (and when he saw me in person, he was "pleasantly surprised"). He's a fan of long hair, and he prefers brunettes, so I guess that and my sparkling personality (LOL) are what lured him in. Below is the full picture without cropping. It was taken when my niece was born on Friday July 13th, 2001. Awwww. But can you see why I had to crop it? Even in Utah, you're not likely to catch a husband when you're holding a baby (even if it's not your own). = )
And for my final wrap-up before the weekend, we are heading out to go camping this afternoon. Taking off early from work- wahoo! We're heading up Big Cottonwood Canyon, to a place I've never been before. And hopefully we don't get rained out (especially since we're cooking our dinners over the fire tonight). I didn't run this morning because it's Pay Day (oh joy... ya'll know how I feel about that one) so I had to be to work a little bit early, plus I had to drop the Hubs off at work, since we are not going back home before we head out, aaand we had to pack the car this morning. But I did bring my running shoes and some running clothes, and I will try to get in at least one run, either tomorrow morning, or Saturday or both. I don't know how it will go, since the elevation is 7500 feet. So it might turn into a fitness walk, but I'll give it a shot. But that's not so bad, because for once, I'm actually ahead of my monthly running goal (refer to lovely widget in the sidebar).

9 comments:
Thanks for sharing and great job with your running! Keep it going!
I LOVE IT and thanks for sharing with us random reader peeps in the blogesphere.
I swear the best thing Ive done (besides our daughter :)) is marrying my husband.
I was WHOLE alone and he has still completed me.
M.
Aww, what a cute story!!
Though I didn't snag my Cub via the internets, I did do a TON of internet dating in my hey day! Nothing wrong with it at all!!
And congrats on being ahead of yourself on the running goals!!
I love hearing stories about how people meet and fall in love. Thanks for sharing. =)
p.s.
my husband and I met the "old fashioned" way....at a bar. ; ) I was 31 and he was 30. lol...
I loved today random photo and story! It was wonderful....
Thanks for all your super-nice comments everyone. And for your reciprocation of stories/tidbits. = )
Awesome story! I love hearing about how couples meet.
I totally missed this story (which makes sense because I was just getting back into town after my 5 week vacation). How sweet!! Makes me have (some) faith in internet dating!
How cool! I met my boyfriend online!
..but I totally think you should have posted the whole photo. THAT would have gotten some immediate attention!
Post a Comment