And gosh darn it, that feeling of accomplishment for having done it feels so good. Plus, the extra blood pumping isn't too shabby either. And, I'm not even that hungry for dinner, so I won't overeat- yay!
So, to update on the water park fun yesterday. I was worried about the weather, but it was all for naught. It turned out to be fantastic. Sure, it was overcast for the first part of the afternoon, but we never even got a sprinkle, and mid-afternoon the sun came out and stayed out. Plus, I think the weather scared most people away, so it wasn't very crowded. Of course, that led to me climbing entirely too many stairs in a short period of time, all so that I could hop on some inflatable tube and cruise down a flooded slide... and it was awesome! I had forgotten how much more fun this park was than the one that I was at last week (where we actually have season passes). It's a little bit ghetto, and it's not close to where we live, but it's practically down the street from where I work, so it was perfect to ditch out early and go play.
About the pain I mentioned- toward the end of the day, myself, the Hubs and all of my siblings (well except my youngest bro who was being a pissy pants) were riding slides together. We had gone on a slide where you ride a double-tube (holds 2 people), and somehow I cranked my neck wrong. After that it was really hurting and I couldn't turn it or tilt it to the side. It was like waterslide-whiplash or something. And on another slide, I did something to my hip that made it hurt to bend my leg (or maybe it was from all the stair-climbing). Add that to being in the sun most of the day, and driving home in rush-hour traffic (boo!), I was pretty beat when I got home. Needless to say I did not do a workout last night. Instead I pumped myself full of ibuprofen and crashed in front of the TV while the Hubs played on the computer. We ended up getting free hamburgers for lunch, so for dinner we ate the sandwiches we had packed for lunch.
This morning, I was dead tired, plus my neck was still really hurting. After eating breakfast (Kashi GoLean Crunch with blueberries, mmmmm), I popped more IB and plodded away at work. As if I wasn't tired enough, the meds made me even more sleepy. Therefore, the ugly cycle of not wanting to do a workout. Luckily my neck is feeling much better (not 100%, but definitely better), and the hip is fine. I tried to walk around the office a lot, and that must have done the trick.
I'm feeling pretty good right now, but I'm slightly worried that I won't be able to fall asleep and take a nap before the big midnight show tonight. The Hubs has game night with the boys, so I'm meeting him at his office at 11:00 p.m. That is sooo past my bedtime! I'm kind of excited to see what kind of freaks and die-hards show up for this event. I think it's at the IMAX theater, so it should be pretty good. We were invited by some friends of ours (the ones we went on our cruise with back in Apr), otherwise we wouldn't be going. We'd actually probably be going to the matinee after work tomorrow.
Okay, before I sign off, I just wanted to share with you my latest obsession (well, one of the many). Have any of you tried the new Extra Fruit Sensations gum?
I've tried 3 flavors to far, and they're all really good. I'm sort of a nut for gum, especially fruit flavors (which I prefer over mint). At any given time, I usually have at least 3 different kinds of gum in my purse, and currently I think I have about 6 (I know, I know, I have a problem, but it helps me from popping random food in my mouth). Anwyay, the flavor lasts for a while, and it stays soft longer than most gum (just like other Extra gum). The Berry Pearadise is my favorite. It has a really juicy, berry flavor. The Island Cooler is also yummy, and has an orange-pineapple flavor to it. The Strawberry Banana flavor is good, too, but not my favorite. But it might grow on me. I haven't tried the Watermelon yet, but hopefully I will soon.I guess that's all for today. The plan tomorrow is to wake up and hopefully run before it gets too hot. I will most likely leave my car at the Hub's office tonight, and drive to work with him in the morning and bring my car home. Then it will be a mass cleaning fest, because my house looks like a tornado hit. I will probably load up my car with recyclables (unfortunately we don't have curbside pickup), and finally scrub the shower- ugh! I might even finish in time to watch Oprah and eat some bon bons. Ha ha- not really, but isn't that what all housewives do when they stay home from work? Again, just kidding. = ) Happy almost Friday everyone!!!!

7 comments:
good morning!
you already running? I thought so!
to hot already here (ok not really but it's dark so Im letting my arse plop on the stationary bike with the newest issue of In Style :))
glad yesterday was fun!
xo xo,
A fellow Extra LOVER!
"I managed to overpower the temptation to skip a workout today. All day I was feeling tired and dumpy, and kept telling myself that it was okay if I didn't do any kind of workout, because I'm in pain, and my body needs rest."
I guess we all have those days- some more than others. I am much more likely to try to skip cardio than resistance training. And when I do, I usually use that excuse.
Way to get that workout in after everything was telling you no mentally. Those are the ones that make you strong I swear by it. Sorry about the neck but I am LOL at Waterpark Whiplash...HHAHAHAHope you have a great weekend and get in all the running and cleaning(barf, makes me sick to think about cleaning..but gotta do it)
Sorry about your neck and hip, but good work getting a workout in anyway.
The waterpark sounds like fun. I can't wait til my kids are old enough to go. :)
Way to get in that workout!
My fave thing in the water park is the lazy river type stuff...
Yup, I'm lazy.
I love those days when we fight the temptation to be um, lazy. I always feel extra better after working out because I had to push myself to do it. It shows we do have control.
I haven't been to a waterpark in forever!
Oh, I've had those days where I don't want to workout. And when I do, on those days especially, it feels so great to have finished and accomplished it. So, good for you. Way to fight the temptation to not do it!
Post a Comment