Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hills? Seriously?

I just found out the route for my 5k tomorrow morning, and there is a massive hill!! Ack! But at least it's near the beginning. The rest will be either partially downhill, or mostly flat. I will have to take my camera and try to get some good shots of the craziness (hopefully it won't slow me down too much- ha ha). Oh, and the guy in charge said there were about 900 people last year, so it's bigger than I expected. I'm just hoping for a PR, and maybe- just maybe- I'll finish under 30 min. I wish I had thought about it sooner, and I could have done a test run- drat! Oh well, it's really all in fun, anyway. I don't expect to get a prize or anything.

Hopefully the smell of pancakes will bring me "home" strong.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Have fun on your 5K. I ran my first race with a hill on Mother's Day. It was scary, but fun and suprisingly it didn't really mess with my time. I guess the downhill made up for the uphill!

Thanks for commenting!

Tammy said...

Good luck on your 5K!

The 15K I ran a couple weeks ago has a giant hill around mile 8, and the race director always posts a sign at about the midpoint of the hill that says I love hills.

This makes me think about strangling the race director and takes my mind off the hill a little bit.

Think happy thoughts all the way uphill!

Anonymous said...

how was it?

HOW WAS IT?!

:)

Miz.

RooBabs said...

Thanks for the love, everyone. The big hill was brutal, but the downhill parts were totally fun. I definitely need to change up my routes to get in more hill-work.