The plan today was an easy, short, 3-mile run (not including warm-up and cool-down). This morning I decided it would be nice to head back to the park, because it's been a while since I've been up there. I've been trying to incorporate more hills, so I've been running around the neighborhood- plus I bought a new bladder for my hydration pack and I haven't had to rely on setting my water bottle on the park bench or using the drinking fountain.
I saw a lady from my neighborhood walking around super-fast (her back yard borders the park, actually). Apparently that was just her warm-up because once she started running, she was cruisin'. Once I completed my 5-min warm-up I took off running- maybe a little too fast. I was hoping not to get passed by the other lady, but that was in vain. Even though I ran my fastest 3 miles ever, she lapped me 5 times. Anyway, despite that, it was a great run. It was pretty hot, though, and slightly windy. It was already 78 degrees this morning. It got up to 99 yesterday, and is supposed to be 102 today (and 100 tomorrow)- blech! So, with the heat, it didn't quite feel like the easy run I had hoped for, but it was still nice and flat. I ran the first two miles at about an average of 9:00/mile. When I reached 3.1 miles, the time (post warm-up) was 28:20!!! Yeah, it was really that fast (about 9:09 pace). Crazy, huh? But like I said, that's with no hills. I guess it was some good speed training. Oh, and not a hint of knee pain- yes!!
Tonight I might go with the Hubs to see the new X-Files movie (I forgot it came out today). Tomorrow, his office has a client appreciation event at Wheeler Farm, so we're going to be out in a barn in 100-degree heat (with lovely animal smells), and hopefully I'm still alive after that. But it will give me yet another opportunity to wear my (fake) cowboy hat. I really need to invest in some Wranglers with all this cowgirl stuff I've been doing lately- ha ha.
I'm just glad it's Friday, although the boss has been out sick for the past 2 1/2 days, and it has been lovely. When he called in yesterday morning, he said he planned to come in today, but I'm kind of hoping that he doesn't. I was supposed to have my mid-year review today, but he said they will be re-scheduled for next week, so that is a bright spot.
Anyway, better cut it off here, or I'm going to be late. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great job on the run!
Luckily, I haven't had an actual "review" in a long time (I hate them), but the raises are still coming like clockwork.
Tammy- that sounds like the best of both worlds (a raise with no review). = )
Enjoy the movies. LMAO at the walker I have been passed by a walker not a cool feeling at all
:-(
Post a Comment