Finally! Sheesh- I've hardly had a second to write about anything. Here's my weekend wrap-up (better late than never, or B.L.T.N.)
It was a great start to the day, but from there it was all downhill. The client event turned out okay, and luckily we weren't in an actual barn. It was an old barn that had been converted, so it was modernized inside, with offices, restrooms, a kitchen, and air-conditioning (thank goodness!). However, I was suffering from massive cramps and back pain (oh yes, that lovely monthly curse), and we were rushing around trying to get everything set up. The food was good- it was catered from Famous Dave's, but I think I waited too long to eat, and it was way too much protein for my body to handle. Afterward, the Hubs and I went home and crashed in our nice, cold basement. Of course we had leftovers for dinner (more meat and beans), and my body was starting to feel it.
Sunday we headed to the Hubs' sister's place to celebrate his nephew's birthday. His BIL grilled up steaks, and we had more leftover beans (can you see where this is going?). And yet again, it was super hot, so we headed home to hibernate in the basement. It kind of seems like all we did all weekend was eat and watch movies. But it was too hot to do anything else, even go to the waterpark.
Yesterday morning I had a decent run (4.5 miles in 46:27), although it took a bit longer to find my groove. When I came in to work, the Boss Man asked about my run, and I mentioned that it was good, but a rough start. He commented that a mile and a half seemed like a long time to find your pace, and I really had to bite my tongue (especially since my review was an hour from then). I wanted to say something nasty like, "what do you know about running? obviously nothing, since the last time you did anything even remotely resembling running was probably in the eighties" (when he would have been in the single digits- he's a year younger than I am, which I always forget) But I didn't say anything, and tried to swallow it. About the review, it didn't go all that well, as I expected, but I'm just glad it's over. Luckily it's only the year-end review that means anything as far as pay and bonus are concerned.
I had another decent run this morning (4 miles in 40:38), and I'm glad it hasn't been as hot as it was over the weekend. I think today and yesterday it was around 68 degrees. I'm not sure when my rest day will be (maybe Friday?), and I plan another long run on Saturday- something over 7 miles. Oh, and my weigh-in last Saturday was favorable, down another 0.6 lbs. With all the running I did, if my eating had been better, it probably would have been more. So this week, I will do better. I'm still trying to figure out my eating schedule, since my whole day is different now. I'm always too hungry when I get home from work, so I need to fit in an afternoon snack. Yesterday I had a piece of string cheese and a kiwi. For dinner, we had PB&J (since we were really burned out on meat) with some chips and salsa, and edamame (I know, the combination of everything seems a little weird, but it wasn't too bad).
I hope everyone else had a good weekend, and that you're enjoying the summer (and not baking in the heat, such as myself).

6 comments:
You're having some great runs! Fantastic!
Sorry about the review, luckily it wasn't the important one...
Tammy- thanks! Now that the knee seems better, the running is back on track. Some day, hopefully, I can run as far as you. = )
And you're absolutely right about the review.
Great running! I'm still on week 2 of Couch to 5K. LOL
Robin- no shame in that. Keep it up. = )
I would've slapped him!
Good job getting all your runs in. I am feelin' lazy this week.
Post a Comment