Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fat Pants

Yes folks, today I am wearing a pair of "fat pants". No particular reason really, other than they are super-comfy (I know, I know, Stacy and Clinton would give me a beating for saying that). I am aware that they are not flattering, but I was feeling lazy this morning (after a 5-mile run, now that's ironic). I've had these particular pants for a very long time, since waaaay back in the day near my heaviest weight. They are olive green cargo pants with a drawstring waist (they also button and zip, but I'm a fan of the drawstring because my small waist is so out of proportion with the rest of my lower body). The drawstring is the only thing that holds them up, because otherwise I think they would probably fall off my bootay without much effort. I went for a long time without wearing them because I have similar pants that fit better and were also comfy. Unfortunately, those pants are a wee bit snug, so they are currently banished. It's kind of funny (and also really sad) that at one point in my life, these pants were getting so tight that they were almost too short to wear (hello, when's the flood?). Now they're extra baggy and just the right length, although they're really pushing the boundaries of "business casual" dress code. Such is life.

The most frustrating thing for me right now is my lack of wardrobe options. A lot of my regular pants don't fit quite right, so I only have a few that don't look or feel weird. I have several that are on the verge, and the good news is that there were a couple that were unwearable when I got up to 141, that are now fitting okay. Whew! That's what sucks about carrying (almost) all of my extra weight below the waist- even a few pounds makes all the difference in what fits and what doesn't. It's really crappy when you have a pair of pants that you can't get up over your thighs, but they are still several inches too big in the waist. Aaaah, the life of a pear. Luckily I have plenty of shirts that fit (size S and XS- crazy, I know).

That actually reminds me of the amateur tailoring jobs I've done to some of my pants. Maybe later on (or tomorrow) I can take a couple of pictures and post about how ridiculous my proportions are. Plus, the Random Photo will be back tomorrow. Since the Hubs has game night with the boys, I will have the computer all to myself and can blog away. I already have one in mind, and hopefully you will be equally entertained.

Oh, by the way, my run this morning was my fastest pace so far, 9:50 (other than my 5k race, which didn't include my warm-up or cool-down, and all my other runs do). I hit 3 miles at 28:20, 4 miles at 38:30, and 5 miles at 48:40. Tomorrow will probably be a short, easy run- just enough to beat my June mileage (since I doubt I can run 14 miles to meet my July goal). Friday will be a rest day, and Saturday of course a long run.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pears life sounds pretty dang good, woman!

KUDOS TO YOU ON THE RUN SPEED!!!

Love,

suzie sunshine

Robin said...

I hear ya on the pear business, sister. Here's something to look forward to...my waist is not quite as small since I had kids. Which is kind of nice becuase I am a little more in proportion. :) At least you have boobs! (I, sadly, don't.)

And one of the nice things about being a SAHM...you don't have to worry about work clothes. (She said while wearing a pair of boxer shorts and a tank top.)

healthy ashley said...

I'm in my fat pants today because they're the only ones that fit! Arg!

I'm a pear as well... Enough said!

Anonymous said...

Good job with running....nice site!

Tammy said...

Alas, my fat pants have even gotten too tight and I had to buy even bigger fat pants. UGH!

I'm also a pear, I feel your pain. I am glad for my tiny boobs, though. No worries about non-supportive running bras!

Anonymous said...

Hey nothing wrong with wearing fat pants. Well as long as they don't fit you properly again. HA!

RooBabs said...

Suzie Sunshine- Thanks! My runs are probably slow to some, but for me they are fast- and getting faster.

Robin- I guess that is a good thing about having kids. And I really don't have boobs- just a lot of really good padded bras. Trust me.

Ashley- I say, "down with fat pants"!

Mark- Thanks and thanks. I do check your site periodically (I'm in a constant state of catching up).

Tammy- I got rid of most of my other fat pants, and for a bit was afraid that I might have to buy new ones. Hence the crackdown, the start of running, and the birth of this blog. Ha ha!

John- Great point!

RooBabs said...

Tammy- Also, you are so right about the small boobs and running. I definitely appreciate not having to worry so much about the jiggling.

Anonymous said...

Wahooooo! Congrats on those speedy runs!!

I had to laugh - I've done quite a bit of self-tailoring too... Don't always have awesome results! ;)

Can't wait for photographic evidence.