Wow, I've got a lot of ground to cover, but I shall start with a Random Photo of the week, since I skipped last week. Below is a picture of a painting that was made from a photo (got that?). It was just recently finished by the Hubs' brother. He started it almost 3 years ago as a wedding present for us (and also a few birthday and Christmas presents, too). I am so excited to finally have it, although we now need to get it framed before we hang it up.
The original picture was taken sometime in the spring of 2005, after we were engaged, but before we got married. I think the Hubs' sister took the picture, and she did it in a Sepia tone. It was just a random candid shot from a family birthday party, but it turned out to be kind of an artsy shot, so my BIL decided he wanted to turn it into a painting. He is an artist (obviously), but he usually does drawings or prints (we already have a ton of his prints hanging up at our house). It's hard to tell from my crappy photo, but he did some cool texturing stuff around the edges. And I love the way our eyes turned out (although my eyes are green in real life- not brown, but I think that's how it was supposed to be), how they seem to jump out of the picture (again, it's really hard to tell from my crappy photo skills).
And, you can sort of tell, that the Hubs is once again sporting "funny facial hair", because he only has a beard along the lower part of his chin- but I actually think it looks kinda hot.

Okay, before Blogger has a scheduled outage and I have to wait to post this, let me add in my gratitude journal entries really quick. Tuesday night I wrote that I was thankful for blogging (what a great place to start, right?). I love being able to track my progress and to share it with others who have supported and motivated me. I'm also grateful for the knowledge and inspiration that I've gained. Yesterday I wrote about being grateful for a day at work where I was just busy enough to make the time go by, but not so busy that I was stressed out- and it was great. I also wrote that I am grateful for the new
Legacy Parkway because it has made the traffic going home from work, so much less- it's amazing the difference. I never really had a problem with traffic in the morning, but I'm grateful that I don't have to be stuck in traffic and can get home sooner.
Anyway, I'm going to write another post for all the other junk if I have time later (regarding running and other workouts).
6 comments:
Love the random pic. What an amazing artist your BIL is.
Love your attitude of gratitude idea...really gets you thinking.
Thats an awesome painting!
Attitude of gratitude! :) awesome thinking!
Wonderful painting! What a nice portrait to have, and done by someone in the family too...very cool!
Great painting and random photo of the week...LMAO @ hubby sporting funny facial hair. hahaha
Nice painting! Very good!
Shosh- He is a fantastic artist. Some of his stuff is kind of dark, but he is very talented.
Nicole- Thanks! = )
Cyndi- I'm very excited that it's finally done, and it turned out so great.
Viv- Thanks. Gotta love the funny facial hair.
Mark- Thanks!
Post a Comment