
If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you might be able to see what it says. No, the Hubs doesn't drive a BMW (nor does he want to). Ha ha, I love my "Beautiful Mormon Woman". So cheesy! It's almost as good as the "I love Hot Moms" shirts they had at Target a while back. I'm not sure if he'll ever wear it in public, but it makes me giggle. And of course, he's pulling a funny face and not smiling normal.
Sunday was a nice day of watching football after church. I probably should have cleaned things up, but I was worn out from our weekend getaway, so I just dumped everything in the living room. And the Vikings finally won- yes! Monday I didn't run, although I did do a great ab workout. My upper calf/back of knee has still been hurting so I wanted to rest it a little.
Tuesday morning I did run, to try out my leg, and it was hurting again by the end of my short run. But it was still nice to get out and run (even if it was already 76 degrees- so weird, it must not have cooled off at all overnight). Tuesday night the Hubs was away at his game night, so I was at home watching Biggest Loser. And, I did an upper-body strength workout while I watched it (plus I threw in some stiff-legged deadlifts for good measure). It felt good to actually do a workout while I was watching people work their butts off and try to lose weight, instead of lounging on the futon like I usually do (yes, the futon in our family room is pretty much always made into a bed while we watch TV- that's how we roll in the RooBabs household). I did 3 full sets (of 12 reps each) of several different upper body moves (plus the dead-lifts for my glutes and hammies). And the best part is, on Wednesday I was sore. Not so sore that I was miserable, but the good kind of sore, that you know you actually worked your muscles! I was totally feeling it in my chest and lats.
Wednesday morning I somehow ran out of time. I was going to do an elliptical workout (plus my abs), but I only had about 15 minutes, so I did a quick high-intensity workout (1 minute high-intensity, then 2 minutes moderate recovery). It was pretty effective and I think I burned some decent calories (for 15 minutes, it was a lot better than nothing). I was going to do my abs Wednesday night, and then I totally spaced it. So instead I did them Thursday morning. My leg was hurting again, so I didn't run or do the elliptical (it's such a weird spot that hurts, and it's not a really bad pain, just enough to be uncomfortable- but nothing like the ITB pain I had before which was impossible to run through).
And we're finally caught up to today. I did a short, sort of crappy run this morning. I had strawberry frosted mini-wheats (with flax seed and a banana) for breakfast, and it felt a little too heavy. But that wasn't the problem, it was my leg/knee that was hurting. Plus, when I was running up the hills, I felt sooo slow. I finished 3.28 miles in about 32 minutes, which isn't horrible,but definitely slower than what I've been doing lately.
Um, no big plans for tonight (hopefully I'll get to watch part of the presidential debate, but I've got it on Tivo just in case the Hubs doesn't want to). Tomorrow we were going to work on pouring the cement for our patio, but our neighbor who was going to help has to work. So I will probably get up early and run (not sure how far I'll make it, but hopefully at least 5 miles). Then in the evening we have a U of U football game. I need to get myself a new shirt. The one I have is gray and has the logo on the front, but I really want a red shirt. So I might go shopping (luckily I can fit into kids sizes, and they're usually cheaper).
In my gratitude journal yesterday, I wrote that I was grateful for warm fall weather (seriously, it has been in the upper 70's and 80's all week, and it's going to continue for at least another week). Yesterday was 88 degrees! I also wrote about being grateful to live in such a great neighborhood with awesome people and to have such beautiful scenery with the mountains so close and the leaves starting to change colors. Today I wrote my entry already, and I'm grateful for casual Fridays and the boss being out of the office (that's pretty much self-explanatory). Oh, and I love that I can totally get away with not wearing make-up most of the time, although some days are pushing it.
And one last thing, earlier today at work, some girl said that I looked like the lady who plays Fiona Glenanne on Burn Notice. It's a show on USA Network, that I've never seen, but after I looked it up, it was nice of her to say. What do you think? Do you see a resemblance?

11 comments:
you DO look like her!
Id not put that together before (full disclosure: because Im too busy rolling my eyes as my husband watches the show. not a fan.).
How cute is your husband as well.
have a great weekend.
here's to leg healing casual fridays and makeup free faces!
Miz.
MizFit- Thanks (I'll take the compliment). I'm going to have to watch the show now, to see about this lady that I resemble, and to see if I should roll my eyes, too. ; )
And yes, the Hubs is such a cutie- I can't resist him. And I'll "drink" to that (the healing CF and makeup free faces)- by drink, I mean toast with nice cold water, because I haven't had near enough today. Cheers!
I love funny shirts like that.
My boyfriend has quite a few to do with 'nickis' christmas package or something along those lines. Totally innapropriate shirts but they make me laugh.
I love the new shirt and he should so wear that, proudly I might add.
Have you considered going to the MD for the continued knee pain? This coming from someone who has put off needed surgery for 2 years. hehe
You have so much to be thankful for it's great that you share that list with us. Have a great weekend!!
I see the resemblance. Hope you had a great run and enjoy your Sunday! Love the tee too funny!
Great post...:)Thanks for sharing! Go Vikings!
Sounds like you had a great workout week! Take care of your leg, though! I'm kinda nursing an injury myself!
Oh, yes, I have been inside the lobby of the Bellagio and that's why I wanted to go to the Chihuly exhibit so bad!! It was such a beautiful exhibit! :-)
Love that tee!
I do see the resemblance- I've never seen that show, either.
OK! I know i have a problem! The pumpkins were cute, but so not me. Plus the site i get my blog layouts from was not working all weekend BUT it is now and my page is fully updated for fall! It will last until christmas, that is if i can stand it long enough!!!
Clearly, i need to find better things to do with my time... :)
Haha, that t-shirt is hilarious.
I'll have to tell a couple of my mormo pals about it.
Love the T-shirt! He should wear it in public....I would make him do it. Ha!
I hope your leg pain goes away soon. It is frustrating to be fighting with something like that.
Post a Comment