Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend Recap, Part 2 (finally!)
Some Random Photos for the Week

Oh my gosh, this week has flown by. I can't believe it's Thursday already! What with Monday Night Football (what a crappy game- I can't believe the Vikings lost), my anniversary Tuesday (BTW, the sushi was so good), and everything going on yesterday (I'll get to that), I've barely had any time to blog. However, I am happy to report that I am right on track with my fitness goals for the week. I did my abs yesterday morning, and a short elliptical workout (it was cut a bit short due to posting the wedding video clip) while watching one of my guilty pleasures. I noticed that Monday night a new episode of Dr. 90210 was recording- it hasn't been on forever. Thank goodness for Tivo, otherwise I wouldn't have even known it was on.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual so that I could do a little bit longer run. It was cooler again this morning (53), but it was so nice for running. I had to take off my long sleeve shirt less than a mile into my run. For most of the run, I felt like I was in a pretty good groove. The only downfall was that I was wearing my hydration pack (necessary for a longer run, and I haven't worn it in forever), and it kept rubbing on the right side of my neck- which it's never done before. But it wasn't too bad, luckily. After completing 5 miles, I definitely feel more prepared for this week's 10k than I did last week. I'm really looking forward to it.

Okay, going back to last weekend. After my race, I dropped off my friend M and headed to my sister-in-law's house, so that I could take a shower and change my clothes. Since we were going to the fair, and then football after, it would have been silly to drive all the way home and back. Luckily my SIL and BIL (the Hubs' sister and brother) live not far from where the race was held. The Hubs met me there around noon, and we headed to get some lunch before the fair. I suggested IHOP for pancakes, but on the way we passed his favorite street taco vendor, so we stopped. I didn't think my stomach could handle the tacos, so afterward we went to Wendy's and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with mandarin oranges and a small Frosty. It was partially healthy, and I figured after the 675 calories I burned racing, I deserved a tasty treat (plus it was getting super hot outside- much hotter than the forecast 80 degrees). Besides, I only ate about half of it and threw the rest away.

At the fair, we did so much fun stuff. Since we had just eaten, none of the food was even tempting, which was good since they had a place that was selling fried PB&J, fried twinkies, and fried oreos. Yikes! So many artery clogging treats. First we headed to look at the animals, so we just worked our way around. We saw the goats, the cows (dairy and beef), then the sheep and the pigs, then the birds and the rabbits. Here are some pictures:

This is a pack goat- check out those horns and that sweet beard!
Here I am petting a soft, fuzzy sheep.
This is a picture of the pig judging that we watched. 
Look at those porkers!
These are some baby pigs. There were about 6 total, and most of them were sleeping. But the one in the middle was so restless. He kept standing up and moving around trying to find a comfortable spot.
Here's a funny little rabbit that was just hanging out in his water dish. I don't know if he was taking a bath or just trying to cool off (or maybe there wasn't even any water left in there). I really, really wanted to take several of the bunnies home with me- they were so adorable!!!
There was a circus freak show that we fortunately (or unfortunately, depending) did not pay to enter. I was a little concerned about the "Chupacabra- demon blood sucker of the south" (WTH?). Creepy, 'nuf said.
Remember when I posted a picture and talked about the Hubs' joy of having funny facial hair? Well, here is his most recent stunt. It's hard to tell in this picture (click on it to see it bigger), so I'll post another close up, but he has a full-on cop/porn star/pedophile mustache going on. Hahahahaha. He came to pick me up, and that's what I saw- it was a surprise to me, but it was so funny. It makes him look so old, though. He's standing in front of "Big Al" the Giant Gator that you can pay an extra $1 to go see.
As you can see, we had plenty of fun, but we never did eat any treats. We headed to the 7-11 afterward to get something to cool us down. The Hubs bought a large Cherry Coke, and I had a Peach-Mango Crystal Light Slurpee (low calorie and tasty!). Since we still had some time before our football game, we went to the Hubs' brother's house to watch the second half of the BYU-Washington game. I can't believe that crazy ending! Just so you know, my stance is that regardless of whether or not it was a bad call, BYU still blocked the extra point, so Washington lost. Quit crying about it- jeez! A team that was ranked 15th beat a team that was ranked 29th (I think), so get over it!

Okay, rant over. The Utah vs. UNLV game was at 6:00, so we headed over to the stadium at about 5:30. We park in a spot that's about a half-mile away and walk (since it's free parking), carrying our stadium chairs. I was worried in the first quarter, and even a little in the second quarter, but in the second half we just kept scoring. At the end I felt bad for UNLV because we beat them so bad. The final score was 42-21. Our seats are pretty good, too. Row 19 in the north end zone. Here's a picture of the view from our seats.
We had dinner at the stadium, and I ended up eating a bratwurst (with ketchup and relish), and some Sun Chips (hey, they have 3g of fiber!) along with a bottle of water. Overall, it was kind of a weird day for food. But it must not have been too bad because when I weighed Sunday morning, I was finally back down below 134 lbs! Three weeks ago I was at 133.6, and then I had some major bloating and water weight gain (at one point I was at 136.6- eek!) so it feels good to be back at 133.8. Although after all the sodium I ingested having sushi the other night, I'm probably up a bit (I'm scared to find out- I'll just wait until after my race to weigh again, ha ha).

Sunday afternoon we had the birthday party. My mom made 2 kinds of enchiladas for dinner- one with beef and red sauce, and the other with chicken and white sauce. I had half of each. Then of course I had some birthday cake, but just a small piece because I was pretty full. Here is a picture of the Hubs getting ready to blow out his candles (before they were lit). My nephew is the little guy in the corner. Oh, and there's that crazy mustache again. Although it was great comedy, I'm kind of glad he shaved it off Monday.
So there you have it- my weekend in photos. It has been a crazy week, and this weekend will be crazy again, I'm sure. Last night I left work early because I had to go grocery shopping. I haven't been to the store in about a week, and we needed to replenish our supplies (like bread, and eggs and yogurt, and of course bananas). I had a class/church activity scheduled at 6:30, and normally I get off work at 6:00, so I needed some extra time to go to the store, make dinner and still make it to the class (all about using wheat from our food storage). I took some personal time and ditched out at 3:30. We cooked steaks for dinner, along with baked potatoes and broccoli. It was super tasty. At the class, they showed how to make bread from scratch (using home ground wheat) and then had some other samples and gave away several mini loaves of fresh bread. I won one of the loaves of bread- wahoo! (I totally used The Secret cuz I wanted that bread really bad)

Tonight I have no major plans, and we're getting take 'n bake pizza for dinner (I get to try out my oven). Then maybe afterward I can make banana bread. We'll see. I'll let you know how it goes.

11 comments:

kikimonster said...

I seriously exhaled very loudly when you said that your husband shaved his porn 'stache on Monday. Phew! I was feeling embarressed for you :)

Nicole said...

Last year my boyfriend grew out a beard and he looked like a gorilla. It was super funny but after a while he shaved it off and i was thankful!

Sounds like you had a good weekend. THANKFULLY tomorrow is Friday YAY :)

Amy @ LiveWell said...

Gotta love college football!!!

thinkwellactwelllivewell.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

your hubby?
my hubby?

two peas in a FUNWITHFACIALHAIR pod.

Anonymous said...

Love those pics. Sounds like a great weekend! OK thank goodness he shaved that stache, funny is only funny for so long.

Good luck this weekend. I have a
5K on Sunday, must be a race weekend for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very cool...thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

OK, the stache was funny- but I would have been embarassed for him to be out in public with that thing! LOL!

So glad it's football season again!

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

lol about the pornstache. =) Glad he shaved it off....tell him your blog friends like him better without it. ; )

Pokey said...

LOL...porn stache!!!!!

It is funny...on someone ELSE'S hubby!!! LOL!!!! :)

N.D. said...

53 is great for running, ideal! good luck on the 10k!

RooBabs said...

Kiki- Ha ha. I know, but seriously it cracks me up, especially when he points out that people are looking at him (hmmm, I wonder why).

Nicole and MizFit- Glad to hear my sweetie isn't the only one who likes to experiment. = )

Live Well- Ain't it great?!

Shosh- Thanks and good luck on your race!!

Mark- Always happy to share.

Tammy- Ditto, and Amen!

Ashley- They are too cute (although smelly, but I forgive them).

Marcie- Will do. Ha ha.

Pokey- It's too funny. And I love people's reaction when they see it!

N.D.- So true. And thanks!!